Dedicated to finding the home that's right for you
Whatever you do, don’t try to go it alone. Buying a home in Connecticut is not as easy as it looks. You will benefit from professional assistance, and it’s a free service for you. Not to mention, agents can often see all the new listings in Connecticut before they are available online to the public. At Anne Miller Real Estate, our agent’s will represent only you and have a fiduciary responsibility to look out for your best interests.
There are many benefits to working with our real estate agents. The listing agent must represent the seller of the property and is not allowed to advise the buyer. Hiring your own agent protects and serves you, the buyer. Real estate agents earn a commission that is commonly paid for by the seller, but ultimately the cost is figured into the sale price, so in effect, the buyer is funding the commission in the end.
Here are a few tips for selecting the right agent for your needs:
- You should consider the agent’s personal integrity and reputation. We invite you to come in and meet our team and get to know each of them personally.
- The agent should have knowledge of the area where you’re considering a home purchase. Our team lives, works and have grown up in Connecticut providing you local expertise.
- All of our agents are licensed in Connecticut.
- Ask lots of questions, including the commission expected, the time span of representation with the agent and whether your agreement will be an exclusive right to represent, exclusive agency right to represent or an open right to represent, as well as the agent’s history of home sales in the area in the last year.
- Paperwork, home inspections, mortgage broker selection, price, and repair negotiations will be made on your behalf by our agents. Our team prescreens’s the Connecticut homes your look into, saving you time and focusing your home search.
All of our agents are happy to provide you with referrals from previous clients and information about recent transactions they have done in the Connecticut markets that you are looking to buy your next home. To speak with an agent contact us here or by calling 800-647-8002.